In honor of Memorial Day (the unofficial start of summer) and the record heat we’ve been having in upstate NY I thought this week’s Friday Five should be centered on the heat/sunshine.
Five reasons I seem to forget that the sun/heat makes me sick:
1) I grew up a California swimmer. Summers (and spring, fall and winter) in the sun in the pool.
2) After living through an upstate winter the sun is greatly missed 9 months of the year, so it’s glorious when it shows it’s face.
3) I love being tan. When I’m tan I don’t look sick.
4) Because I haven’t spent a FULL day in the sun in years (usually just spurts of an hour)
5) Because those previous days in the sun did not involve carrying a 30 pound camera on my shoulder for 6 hours straight.